Tuesday, August 18, 2009

We have sparkles too



Walking out the main gate on my way to the fair office, I was dazzled by the glittery crowns and glamorous white attire of Julia Pidasheff, Miss Clackamas County (left), and Jessy Burris, Miss University of Oregon (right). Both contests are preliminary competitions for Miss America.


The women were not only visions in the early morning light, they were engaging and funny as well. This blogger doesn't mind admitting he suddenly forgot all about the livestock barn.


And here's a little celebrity dish on Jessy Burris: I ran into her later after her first appearance - I think it was in the Kiddie Capers parade - and she told me... her cheeks hurt from smiling so much.


You heard it here first, gentle readers.

1 comment:

Tell us what good things you saw at the fair and what events people should know about.