Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A big wagon full of sweetness















I saw John Spring pulling a big wagon down the road just inside the main gate. When I read the sign on the side of the wagon, I just had to talk to him.

John was delivering pies from the Canby Methodist Church to sell here at the fair. It's something the church has been doing for some 50 years. This year the Methodists are baking about 100 pies per day.

John's wife, Arlene Judson, came along shortly after I stopped him for a photo. After a failed attempt to get her to stand in for him, both of them posed together.

John told me that they were married in the Canby Methodist Church back on March 26.

2009.

It turns out John and Arlene are newlyweds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what good things you saw at the fair and what events people should know about.